- Food Carts – Portland is famous for its food carts. Not food trucks, Bride recommends the cluster on Hawthorne for the crepes and poutine!
- Kenny and Zuke’s – Delicatessen
Places to eat
- Multnomah Whiskey Library – Get your name on the list early, come back later
- Pope House Bourbon Lounge – A great indoor/outdoor converted house that’s all about “America’s Native Spirit”. Fun small plates to share too.
- Distillery Row – Many distilleries… in a row
- VooDoo Doughnut – Quirky and irreverent donuts, get the one with the mustache
- Salt & Straw – Ice cream like you’ve never seen. Groom’s special recommendation.
- Rimsky Korsakoffee Coffee House – Crazy dessert and coffee place. The decor rotates every day, but hasn’t changed since the 1970’s.
- Saint Cupcake – Yep
- Tartberry – Frozen yogurt with added weirdness
- Moonstruck Chocolates – Local chocolatier and cafe
- Blue Start Donuts – Fancy donuts
With 53 breweries with the city limits, Portland is known as Brewvana for a reason! Check out some of our favorites.
- Cascade Brewing – Bride’s special recommendation. Sour & Fruit beers!
- Kells Irish Pub
- Henry’s Tavern – Over 100 beers on tap.
- Burnside Brewing
- Hair of the Dog
- Lucky Lab
- Bushwacker Cider
- 10 Barrel
- McMenamins Ringlers – Expect slow service at ALL McMenamins. Just take it easy.
- McMenamins Kennedy School – Slightly farther away, but a cool location in a converted elementary school. Also has a living room theater.
- Ground Breaker Brewing and Gastropub – Gluten Free Brewing for all of their beers.
- Fat Head’s Brewery
- Rock Bottom
It’s not just for Sundays (it’s a Saturday thing too! Get there early.) These are the places that the Bride & Groom frequent, there are many other great options as well.
- Bijou Cafe – They don’t even bother with dinner
- Mother’s – Portland’s favorite – get a reservation
- Cup & Saucer – Breakfast all day for you sleepy heads
- Irving St. Kitchen – Opens at 10am, reservation recommended
- Petite Provence Alberta – Dad’s favorite croissants
- Wild Abandon – Hidden gem for breakfast
- Veritable Quandary – +1 to breakfast swank
- Tasty ‘N Alder – As tasty as it sounds
- Zell’s Cafe – Well worth the wait
- The Hotcake House – Classic greasy spoon open 24hrs for those who just can’t go home.
- Doug Fir Lounge – Chrome and glass moose head … and cheesy fries.
- Le Bistro Montage – Cajun greatness. To-go tinfoil sculptures.
- Andina – Peruvian greatness. What’s that you say? Never had Peruvian? Well this is the place to try it!
- Taco Lab @ the Cruz Room – Taco fusion!
- Jake’s Famous Crawfish – is famous
- Irving St Kitchen – Rotating menu that is always awesome
- Shigezo – Our neighborhood sushi place, near the Paramount Hotel
- South Park – On south park blocks, also near the Paramount Hotel
- Portland City Grill – Amazing View!
- East Burn
- Mama Mia – Best Happy Hour Italian!
- Casa Del Matador – A bit of a walk, but great Mexican fusion and margaritas!
- NW 21st and 23rd – Everywhere!